February 16, 2012
CULTURE SHOCK presents BOOM!, a good old-fashioned celebration of technology, creativity, physicality, and art.
The BOOM! exhibition experience begins in the elevators taking visitors to the show, where a series of generative animation artworks by Glenn Marshall will be screened, including Supernova, Eyegasm and Zio.
When input/output jacks were incorporated into boomboxes, allowing for the coupling of devices such as microphones and turntables, an explosion of creativity occurred. New forms of dance emerged, new forms of music, as cultural experimentation was taken to the streets. This installation pays homage to that energy.
November 8, 2010
My free iPhone app Zio is now available for download in all countries
August 11, 2010
Zio is now available in both US/UK as a completely free app, go here:-
Rest of world imminent!
July 16, 2010
Zio, the one and only graphic and audio reactive visualizer for iPhone, now a single free app on iTunes, initially US only, rest of world to follow…
There seems to be crashing issues with the new update adversely affecting older devices due to iOS 4 extra memory demands – I’ve just been working to resolve this and the problem seems to be fixed – Look out for another update in about a week!
New features in version 1.1 –
– 10 predesigned visualizer presets.
– ‘Trails’ render mode, generates motion trails of entire graphic scene.
– ‘Paint’ render mode, redraws continually over graphic scene, in effect becoming an interactive, animated painting tool.
– Randomizer function – Completely randomizes all the settings to quicky and easily generate new Zio visualizations.
– Automatic timer to randomly shuffle through presets.
– External VGA projection support (iPhone 4/iPad VGA adapter compatible).
– iAds supported (disables after 3 min, future updates will include purchase option to disable completely).
– Autolock override.
(Trails mode example)
(Paint mode example)
(Randomizer gallery examples)
(Full app Description)
May 27, 2010
Supernova is an animated real time visualizer of exploding stars and nebulae.
– Watch stellar visuals in deep space as they slowly expand and contract.
– Based on a pioneering generative animation system by award winning digital artist & programmer Glenn Marshall.
– Complex algorithms continuously generate an infinite variety forms, patterns and motion.
– Perfect as visuals for any kind of music.
– iPad HD graphics quality.
– Inspired by Hubble telescope style photography and Turner paintings.
– Ideal as a cosmic, meditative ‘Aquarium’ for the home.
– Amazing as wallpaper art.
– Use pinch and touch gestures to freely move, zoom and rotate.
– Shake iPad to regenerate random colours.
– Visit the website to see galleries and demo video.
“The App as Art”
Supernova projected live from iPads at Art Basel, Switzerland – a premier international Contemporary & Modern Art Festival, and a technical first for the iPad.
New features for Supernova coming soon include:-
– VGA projection mode – connect to external TV/Projector
– Automatic color change set to timer
– Auto Lock override