Zio available on App Store
December 7, 2009
An interactive generative art visualizer from award winning computer animator and software designer Glenn Marshall.
Explore and interact with an endlessly generating world of organic visuals.
– Use drag and pinch to pan, move and rotate through space.
– Pause / play, save snaphots to your photo library.
– Switch on audio reactive visuals (for devices with mic only).
– Comes with 3 unique preset Zio worlds.
– Shake to shuffle between presets.
Using the same Zio animation technology, Glenn collaborated with Peter Gabriel to create The Nest That Sailed The Sky music video which won at Prix Ars Electronica 2009, one of the biggest computer arts festivals in the world.
Get the Zio Studio upgrade (via In App Purchase) and unlock the full creative power of the Zio system (interface examples in screenshots).
With the Zio Studio toolset you can customize or design from scratch your own unique interactive visualizations and digital artworks. Featuring 60+ editable parameters and 5 interface screens, you can alter and experiment with just about everything.
– Size, shape and growth of branches.
– Particle motion and dynamics.
– Colours, shading and special effects.
– Audio reaction settings for individual graphics.
– Alter the underlying math algorithms.
– Camera tracking and motion.
– Watch Zio react in real time as you make changes.
– 10 user preset slots to save your creations.
– Full visual instruction and help guide built in.
Zio is a fusion of science, technology, art, nature, mathematics and philosophy. Use it for the experience you want.
– A zen garden in your pocket.
– A sophisticated eco-graphic design tool for still art.
– An interactive meditation and therapeutic ‘aquarium’.
– An audio reactive bio-world.
– A performance instrument for organic visuals.
– An endlessly generating music video for your iPod library.
Join the user forums, create galleries, enter competitions,
and get further help mastering the art of Zio.
Think Zen. Think Bio.