July 26, 2010
Have just started on a new iPhone project, literally just a few days in and just got some basic code up and running on Saturday, which was also the date of the ‘Life in a Day’ global film experiment, so I’d thought I’d try and document getting the first results of my Art Cam app and submit this… not all my days are like this, but enough to make me love my job…
I want Art Cam to merge everything I love – photography, art, painting and image processing – into a single real time creative experience, to create still art, or animations. Algorithms, brushes, fx can all be creatively and interactively changed and experimented with in real time through a live camera view, you will also be able to ‘paint’ in detail and affect the general image processing though multi touch.
July 16, 2010
Zio, the one and only graphic and audio reactive visualizer for iPhone, now a single free app on iTunes, initially US only, rest of world to follow…
There seems to be crashing issues with the new update adversely affecting older devices due to iOS 4 extra memory demands – I’ve just been working to resolve this and the problem seems to be fixed – Look out for another update in about a week!
New features in version 1.1 -
- 10 predesigned visualizer presets.
- ‘Trails’ render mode, generates motion trails of entire graphic scene.
- ‘Paint’ render mode, redraws continually over graphic scene, in effect becoming an interactive, animated painting tool.
- Randomizer function – Completely randomizes all the settings to quicky and easily generate new Zio visualizations.
- Automatic timer to randomly shuffle through presets.
- External VGA projection support (iPhone 4/iPad VGA adapter compatible).
- iAds supported (disables after 3 min, future updates will include purchase option to disable completely).
- Autolock override.
(Trails mode example)
(Paint mode example)
(Randomizer gallery examples)
(Full app Description)